Hunt and Henriques - Hunt & Henriques forwarded my personal info

El Cajon, California 2 comments

For the past two years I have been getting calls from debt collectors trying to collect from a deadbeat who, they say, gave them my phone number. Bull shite!! When I tell them he doesn't live here and I don't know who he is, they simply pass the information on the the next collection company. As an aside, I looked up the deadbeat's name on Intellius and his address is available ON LINE.

I got two calls this week. The first call was from Hunt & Henriques of San Jose, CA. After I told them "he doesn't live here and I don't know him," I asked them to NOT forward my phone number to another collection agency. They forwarded it anyway, without giving me an opportunity to send them a "do not contact me" letter.

Got a call the very next day from Allied Interstate, Inc. I knew it would be useless to be "nice" so I played along with their "game."

They asked me if I was "so-and-so." I said I might be. They asked if I was aware of a "certain address." I said I know where it is. They asked if the last four of my SS were "nnnn." I said NO and that I was NOT the person they were looking for, and PLEASE don't forward my phone number to another

agency.

They said, "If you had told me that in the beginning, we wouldn't be having this conversation." And I thought..."caca de toro!!"

It turns out that the "certain address" is a Postal Annex store, which I called, and learned that the "deadbeat" has a mail box located there.

And Allied Interstate broke the law by divulging personal information about the deadbeat, for which the deadbeat could sue them.

In addition, if Allied Interstate forwards MY phone number to another collection agency, I'm going to sue Hunt & Henriques, Allied Interstate, and the next collection agency that calls my phone number.

These collection agencies have no scruples about breaking the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Hunt/Henriques broke the law by immediately forwarding my information to Allied Interstate. In addition, a debt collectors may not contact "third parties" (me) more than once. They skirt this law by forwarding the information to another collector.

They are also violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by harassing me. They KNOW, or should know if they did their homework, that I do NOT own the debt. My name and the deadbeat's name are NOT EVEN close.

Allied Interstate broke the law by providing me the last four numbers of the deadbeat's SS and the location of his personal mail box.

Debt collectors are just lazy reprobates who expect to make a fast buck doing someone else's dirty work. Bottom feeders...

Review about: Debt Collection.

Comments

Yes, it seems that "Josh" and "Sara" are the same person. It's certainly more than a coincidence that they both posted on the same day.

Besides, DesertRat made it clear that he/she is not the person who owes the money. It's more a case of "mistaken identity" and harassment than debt collection.

Boonville, New York, United States #298162

DefendASummons is trying to capitalize off other's misfortune by advertising itself and posting glowing recommendations on sites / complaints about something having nothing to do with them, thus distracting from the original intent of the post / complaint.

They are not doing anyone any favor by advertising themselves and thereby diverting attention from the person who started the complaint.

Their glowing self-testamonials seem a little too good to be true imo.

Buyer beware - their "guide" is $99 for help you can get for free online. :roll